Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing #6 mashups


The mashups are great. The mappr is a good tool to help a student organize their personal experiences with family or friends. They get a bigger picture of their world. The pickr is cool if you have an artistic student who has an interest in the more artful side of self expression. The mosaic site is great for students to create a collage of photos to express their hobbies, families, or dreams. And the trading cards gives students a cool way to create a single tool of self expression and identification.
The mosaic took a long time to do. The photos are from our vacation to Yosemite. The problem was that my photos would not show up in the mosaic maker so I had to look at the numbers, go back and match them up from another program, and then choose the numbers that I wanted; this took a long time. Another problem was; once you chose a photo, you could not edit it or move in around. I had to go back and delete it and re-upload it in the position I wanted.

2 comments:

  1. what about posting a sample?

    ReplyDelete
  2. not sure why you were having to do the extra step?
    but o my goodness your photos are beautiful....I felt cooler just lookng at them.

    I hope your struggle with this will not prevent you from trying another one soon!

    ReplyDelete