Tuesday, June 30, 2009

thing # 7 cool tools

You are right! There are some cool tools in there. I have used google earth before; I think it is neat to be able to see what things really look like. I searched my house, the house where I grew up and some of the places we have visited on our travels.
I set a google calendar. I found this to be very easy to use, especially when setting up events that occur over a number of different days; you just tell the time period and it does it; very cool. I like the idea of it giving me alerts as to when the events will happen. I think this will be very beneficial. I also like the idea that I can set up my volleyball schedule and have the public be able to access it along with a map to the location. This will be great help to me as a coach. I did not find anything special with the photo album. I have used the search engine for many years so am very familiar with it. I like the idea of being able to search for particular formats, such as PowerPoint. This is a time-saving device that all teachers can use.
I found the docs to be very useful. I am always on the look-out for pre-made documents that make my life easier. There are many here to choose from. I can see me using the templates; the tournament bracket maker (always helpful); the runner log and others in my P.E. class. I especially like the weight training template; check it out! http://docs.google.com/previewtemplate?id=0As3tAuweYU9QcHlVM3hrY2tocEkwaTllODFOblB2SWc&mode=public

No comments:

Post a Comment