Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thing #19 Web 2.0 awards list

At first I looked and thought what in the world is this. Then I started clicking on the links. It is useful. The first thing that drew my attention was the sports category. I like the istat. I can see using that in my PE class/weight training class. It can be benefical in tracking their progress. We would need time to access computers with our tight time line and pressure for students to be active 80% of their classroom time. Crazy isn't it. Teaching isn't really teaching fitness. but that is another conversation. The teamsnap is not a site for middle school sports; it is more for little league. We have numerous websites, including a district site, that does the same thing. The gympost has some good videos for people who are new to training.I was attracted to the cocktail builder site; always good to find something new and refreshing. I might try a few this afternoon, since it is summertime.Looking through the food category, I did not find anything as good as food network .com. I still like mapquest when making travel plans. They have added a google earth feature to mapquest which makes it very cool.All in all, I like the web page and will go back and search some of the other tools when I have more time. It is a very good resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment