Thursday, July 16, 2009

thing #11 library things

I went to the site and created my book list. I am a PE teacher so I am not sure if I would use this thing. I can see how it would be beneficial to classroom teachers; setting up book clubs, research lists and the like. However, I do not see a real benefit to use this in the gym. As for me, I don't read very many novels; I have a hard enough time keeping up with my athletic journals. When I do read a book, it is usually about coaching techniques for the sports that I am involved with.

2 comments:

  1. I know whatcha mean. I'm a nonfiction reader, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the other hand (and I didn't look to see if this exists), if you found a coach group, there might be some good to derive from this. As an elementary librarian, I want to know what other librarians say the kids are reading, not always what the professional journals say they should read. There might be some good books out there that have to do with sports or fitness, that could benefit you or the kids. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete